Volunteers represent an integral part of the success of Second Helpings ability to help hungry people in our community. We have over 250 volunteers who help in a variety of ways. Last year, volunteers contributed over 30,000 hours of service. We welcome and appreciate your time, talent, and interest for the benefit of others in our community. We have individual or group opportunities for those who are 18 years of age or older.
How would you like to help?
There are many ways that volunteers support our mission of providing food to people in need in our community. Browse our current opportunities to get started:
- “Rescue” Food in the Community: Some of our most dedicated volunteers help by “rescuing” and distributing the food at agencies sites throughout the SC Lowcountry. This is best for individuals or small groups willing to commit to a bi-weekly or monthly support. We have opportunities in Bluffton, Beaufort and Hilton Head.
- Healthy Food Program: Assist in delivering produce to agencies in the three counties.
- Fill The Need Program: Assist in filling soft coolers with food at Palmetto Breeze’s Transit Station in Bluffton from 4 to 6 pm. Workers on the island ride these buses to work on the island and no food pantries are open when they return home.
- Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities: Administrative, Clerical, and General Office volunteer opportunities that are currently available:
- Development, Donor Appreciation and data base assistant
- Administrative support
- Volunteer recruitment and appreciation
- Marketing and Communication- newsletters, website, Facebook, photography
- Event planning- plan and implement different events during the year
If you have any questions or are ready to volunteer, please contact Bruce Algar, Office Administrator at the Second Helpings office.
4 Northridge Drive, Suite C
Hilton Head Island, SC 29925
E-mail: [email protected]