The annual Share the Bounty fundraiser for Second Helpings on September 26 featured the presentation of the nonprofit’s major awards known as the Founders’ Awards. The Heritage Classic Foundation received the Supporter of the Year award and Food Lion stores earned Food Donor of the Year honors. The two awards were part of an evening that saw 200 area residents bidding on silent auction items donated by area businesses, golf courses, and more. Share the Bounty is the primary fundraiser for Second Helpings each fall. Jo Pender, vice president of the group, chaired the event for 2019. Awards were presented by Larry Landry, president of the board of directors for Second Helpings, and Lili Coleman, executive director.
The Heritage Classic Foundation was represented at the event by Steve Wilmot, president. The Heritage Classic Foundation nominated Second Helpings for the 2018 PGA Tour Charity of the Year. As a result, Second Helpings was awarded the honor from among more than 3,000 nonprofit agencies supported by the PGA. The recognition included a $30,000 award that was used to help purchase a new refrigerated truck. Second Helpings also receives contributions through The Heritage Classic Foundation’s Birdies for
Charity and Champions FORE Charity.
Food Donor of the Year was presented to local Food Lion stores, represented by A.J. Vargo, assistant store manager in Bluffton. Food Lion stores provided the largest volume of food donations to Second
Helpings this past year. In addition, Food Lion donated 500 thermal bags for the Fill the Need Program when it began in 2017. Through this effort, bags of food are packed each Thursday for riders of Palmetto Breeze Transit. Food Lion also is a grant supporter and was the first company to support food rescue in the country.
We thank the sponsors and supporters of this event.
Who’s in for Upscale Dining Without Pretentiousness?
Red Fish Hilton Head is known by locals and tourists alike as a great place for fine food with a broad selection of wine. As one diner recently reviewed it, it’s “upscale dining without pretentiousness.” You can bid to win one of two gift certificates donated to Second Helpings by Red Fish at the upcoming Share the Bounty event on Thursday, Sept. 26. Many Beaufort area businesses have contributed fabulous items for the auction, plus, there are golf packages, gift items, a wine pull, and more. Just 20 tickets remain to grab a seat at this event so go online to /1844 or call 843-689-3689 to purchase tickets. Harbour Town Clubhouse, Sea Pines Resort, is the location for the event.
- SHARE THE BOUNTY annual event presents Founder Awards
- Wells Fargo Advisors on Hilton Head Clean Second Helpings' trucks.
- Fine Wine and Dining Offered in SHARE THE BOUNTY Silent Auction
- Original Art Piece by Julie Jones Available at Second Helpings SHARE THE BOUNTY
- Chef Rollison of Lucky Rooster Offers Up a Great Silent Auction Item at SHARE THE BOUNTY. You have to attend to bid!
- Another great silent auction item at SHARE THE BOUNTY, Sept 26
- Raffle Tickets for a "Once in a Lifetime" Trip to Portugal
- Exciting New Silent Auction Item only available at our annual event SHARE THE BOUNTY
- One of the many silent action items at SHARE THE BOUNTY, September 26
- Tuesday, August 6 is Pizza Night in Beaufort
- Round It Up for Second Helpings at Frankie Bones in 2019
- Whole Foods Anniversary Celebration Benefits Second Helpings
- Foundation For The Carolinas
- Long Cove Community Endowment Fund within the CFLC
- Sonesta Resort Supports FILL THE NEED Program of Second Helpings/Palmetto Breeze Transit
- ReFED Report Worth Reading
- Postal Food Drive was Mother's Day Weekend
- BI-LO Community Bag Program for Second Helpings kicks off April 1
- Whole Foods to donate 5% of sales on April 18 to Second Helpings
- Birdies for Charity Benefits Second Helpings
- No Day Off at Second Helpings
- Food Lion Feeds Foundation Awards Grant to Second Helpings
- Second Helpings named 2018 PGA TOUR Charity of the Year
- Grant received from 2018 Hampton Lake Tiger Bass Race
- Grant Received from Hilton Head Area Association of Realtors
- A special thank you to Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
- The Church Mouse Thrift Shop provides grant for training
- Board Member is recognized by Morgan Stanley for his efforts on behalf of Second Helpings
- Job Opening in Beaufort - Join our Team
- Christmas comes early to Second Helpings
- Letter Carriers Food Drive
- Dataw Island Resident Joins Board of Directors of Second Helpings
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation Awards Second Helpings two grants in 2017-2018
- Employer HR Group helps Second Helpings
- Palmetto Breeze Transit and Second Helpings partner to FILL THE NEED!
- Second Helpings Wins Organization of the Year Award for Program to Provide with Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Hargray's Caring Coins Foundation Celebrates $3 million in donations
- Thank you Hampton Hall Charitable Fund
- Donate the Value of a Meal to Help Feed the Hungry
- Jo Pender Joins Second Helpings Board of Directors
- October Food Drive to help Hilton Head Employees who ride the Palmetto Breeze buses
- Congratulations to Palmetto Bluff - Recipient of the Founder Award
- September is Hunger Awareness Month
- Second Annual Hunger Games To Benefit Second Helpings
- Thank You - Long Cove Plantations residents
- Beaufort farms to provide fresh produce to Second Helpings partner agencies
- Share The Bounty - September 21, 2017
- Junior Service League of Beaufort Grant Reward 2016
- Grant from Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Grant from Wexford Plantation Charitable Foundation
- Women in Philanthropy provides Grant to Second Helpings
- WOMEN POWER!!!
- Grant Received from Beaufort County Community Services
- Grant Received from Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation
- Second Helpings obtains grant for Fresh Food Initiative
- Group46 Received ADDY Award for Creative Word on Behalf of Second Helpings
- Second Helpings receives grant from the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund
- Second Helpings hires new Executive Director
- Share the Bounty Success
- Doubling Down on Giving
- Top Ten States with the Highest Grocery Bills
- As the saying goes “It takes a village” but in our case a farm
- Share the Bounty - September 29
- Become a Food Waste Warrior
- 2015 Impact of Second Helpings
- Civitas Award 2014: Outstanding Non-Profit
- The Island News: Second Helpings
- SC Secretary of State Designates Second Helpings as a 2013 Angel Charity